Dumbo is the main protagonist of the 1941 Disney film of the same name. Dumbo is a small elephant and the son of Mrs. Jumbo (which makes him the only male elephant out of all the elephants seen in the movie). Dumbo is most famous for his giant floppy ears, which give him the ability to glide.
He is usually a silent character (except in comics), though he was voiced by Katie Leigh in the 1985 television series Dumbo's Circus and Frank Welker (via elephant noises) in Disney/Touchstone's 1988 hybrid film Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
Dumbo has the personality of a small child. He is playful, innocent and very fun. He loves being around his mother and hates being alone. He is somewhat naïve, as he did not realize Smitty and his gang were taunting him or that the "magic feather" was simply a way of thinking. Dumbo is also very easily scared, evidenced by his encounters with the clowns, the pink elephants, and, like all elephants, Timothy Mouse. However, he is also very open-hearted, such as with Timothy and Jim Crow and his brothers, and never seemed to express any true anger or resentment toward those who tease him.
As he is only a baby in his first appearance, he does not talk during the film, save for s
ome quick squeaks. However, in Dumbo's Circus, he does talk when he's a teenager.
- Dumbo was a character which inspired people to create another elephant character almost like him and based on him named Goliath II in Goliath II.
- The animation of Dumbo getting caressed by his mother during the Baby Mine song was recycled for use in Goliath II for the scene with Goliath II getting caressed by his mother.
- Dumbo's trumpet squealing was later reused on Goliath II from Goliath II.
- Dumbo is similar to Simba in The Lion King, Sometimes since Dumbo were making fun by The bullies when Mrs. Jumbo protected him while Simba tried to roar that Mufasa comes to rescues
- Dumbo is the first protagonist of a Disney animated film to have blue eyes—all his predecessors had either black or brown eyes.
- Even though the guessed inspiration of all the elephants including Dumbo were Asian elephants, Dumbo looks in many features, like an African elephant.
- He is almost hairless, except for the 3 strands of hair on his head, baby Asian elephants have a full head of hair (a lot like Hathi, Jr. from The Jungle Book).
- His head is conical with one hump, Asian elephants have two humps even as calves.
- Dumbo is a name of a district from New York city.
- Disney Wikia