|Real Name||Frederick Charles Krueger|
|Age||32 (at death)|
|Height||5'8" (1.73 m)|
|Weight||160 lbs. (73 kg)|
|Species||Demon (former Human)|
|Appearances||Mortal Kombat (2011)|
Freddy Krueger was officially confirmed as the fourth DLC character for Mortal Kombat (2011) during the San Diego Comic Con 2011 event. He was made available for download on August 9, 2011.
Mortal Kombat biography
A malevolent spirit of the Dream Realm, Freddy Krueger preys on the souls of the living as they sleep. When Shao Kahn began to steal Earthrealm's souls - souls Freddy considered his own - Freddy battled the emperor in the Dream Realm. But Shao Kahn's will was too strong. He pulled Freddy into the real world, where he was mortal, and defeated him. A badly injured yet determined Freddy fitted both his hands with demonically enhanced razor gloves. Once he has killed Shao Kahn he will find a way back to the Dream Realm, where he will torment Earthrealm's souls for eternity.
Powers and abilities
Freddy possesses surprising agility, as well as his trademark weapon - his Clawed Gloves - which he uses to kill his victims. He also has hell-related powers.
- Hell Spikes: Freddy sticks his claws in the ground, causing enlarged knives to reappear from under ground. This has Close, Medium, and Far commands.
- Sweet Dreams: Freddy summons a green orb that falls on the opponent and causes them to fall asleep for a short time.
- Glove Toss: Freddy sends one of his gloves to fly off his hand and into the opponent.
- Freddy Fingers: Freddy sends one of his gloves to crawl across the ground and hit the opponents feet.
- Dream Shift: Freddy disappears and reappears in fire. This has Away and Towards commands.
- X-Ray Move - What A Rush: Freddy impales the opponent through the chest, breaking the ribs and puncturing the lungs, he then swipes the opponent across the face, damaging the skull.
- Tell 'Em Freddy Sent Ya: Freddy disappears from view, then reappears behind the opponent. He impales the opponent and summons a hole. He then drags him/her into the hole. Afterwards, the hole spews a HUGE amount of blood.
- Welcome To My Nightmare: Freddy summons a large furnace. He then stabs the opponent in the neck and stomach, and chucks them straight into the furnace. As the opponent burns in agony, Freddy waves goodbye and shuts the door, while the opponent's arm is hanging out of the furnace, cutting the arm off, and burning the opponent to death.
- Babality: A baby carriage is seen and the camera zooms in to reveal a teddy bear with four cuts in its stomach. Freddy then jumps up from behind the carriage and attempts to take a slash at the camera.
|“||Freddy Krueger's bladed hands tore through Shao Kahn. The demonically-enhanced weapons had been more than a match for the emperor's dark magic. Though Freddy had saved Earthrealm, Nightwolf recognized him as an evil spirit, and in a Shamanistic ritual, sent him back to the Dream Realm. But that decision proved ruinous. Freddy did not resist. He welcomed a return to immortality. From the Dream Realm he will again create a nightmare in Earthrealm.||”|
|Mortal Kombat characters|
|Freddy • Goro • Johnny Cage • Kitana • Kung Lao • Liu Kang • Mileena • Noob Saibot • Raiden • Reptile • Scorpion • Shang Tsung • Shao Kahn • Sonya Blade • Sub-Zero|
|A Nightmare on Elm Street|
| Films: A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) • Freddy's Revenge • Dream Warriors • The Dream Master • The Dream Child • Freddy's Dead • New Nightmare • Freddy vs. Jason • A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
Related topics: Freddy's Nightmares (Eps) • Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy • Nancy Holbrook • Comics • Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash • The Nightmare Warriors • "Dream Warriors" • "Are You Ready for Freddy" • "Nightmare on My Street" • Boiler Room • Nightmare Realm • Dream World