Garnet is the tallest of the Crystal Gems. She has dark skin and curly black hair that is styled into a cube-shaped afro. Her eyes are always covered by futuristic shades and it is revealed she has three eyes. She wears a black and red bodysuit with cube shoulder pads and a pink star on her chest. She also wears long black gloves. Her crystal gems are garnets embedded in her palms. After her regeneration in "Jail Break", Garnet now wears a half-red, half-black bodysuit with two pink stars with a magenta outline on the torso, and has red tips on her feet and lilac sections on the heels and her afro is smaller instead of larger and her shoulder pads are oval-shaped, instead of cubed-shaped.
Garnet is the leader of the Crystal Gems. She has a calm, stoic demeanor and rarely speaks more than a few words at a time in an English accent. She is by far the most in touch with recognition of the universe and uses this to summon her weapon. She is physically the strongest member and is a mentor to Steven .
All Gems have the ability to summon a weapon and shapeshift. When Garnet activates her gem, she summons her weapon, gauntlets. She also appears to have psychokinetic abilities. In Cheeseburger Backpack, it is stated that she is able to sense structural integrity.
- Garnet is a deep-red or burgundy gem similar to the stones she has on both of her palms.
- In gem-stone mythos Garnets are known as stones that provide protection to their users from evil.
- Garnet isn't seen talking much.
- Garnet wears her shades to cover up a third eyeball on her forehead.
- Garnet has complete herterochromia, which means each of her eyes are a diferent color. The top being purple, the right navy and the left is, ironicly, garnet.
- It is later revealed in "Jail Break" that the reason why Garnet has two colored eyes is because she is a Fusion Gem of Ruby and Sapphire.