Jirachi is a Steel-Psychic-type Mythical Pokémon introduced in Generation III.
Jirachi is a creamy yellow and white Pokémon with small black eyes. Under its eyes, there are V-shaped markings that are light green. Jirachi's head is yellow and resembles a star, but with only three points. Hanging on those three points are three light green bands that are said to be part of Jirachi's ability to grant wishes. It also has two wavy yellow strings streaming from behind it.
It says it can fulfill a desire to people who really need and will appear when you least expect. It's always sleeping, awake for a week every 1000 years.
Jirachi was the title character in Jirachi: Wish Maker where it awakens every 1000 years when the Millennium Comet appears in the night sky. Upon awakening, it became close friends with Max and his friends. Feeling somewhat homesick, Jirachi and its new friends journeyed to its home to put it back to sleep. It also made an appearance inBW134 to help grant Gemma's wish for a lush a fertile mountain.
Jirachi is the star of the sixth film where he befriends Max. It is one of the Pokémon that appears briefly in the introduction of the tenth film, The challenge of Darkrai (ES) / The Rise of Darkrai (HA), in a tribute to all Pokémon that have shaped the previous films. Appears rising to the sky.
Jirachi also made a cameo appearance in the ending credits in Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade.
- Jirachi is the only known wish-granting Pokémon.
- Jirachi also appears in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, where it gives out stickers.
- Its signature move is Doom Desire.
- Jirachi has an eye on its stomach. It was used to absorb energy from the Millennium Comet to feed the planet of its energy.
- In the anime, when it is sang to, it will awaken and grant the singer's wish, then resume its 1,000-year sleep.
- Pokemon Wiki