Pearl is one of the main protagonists in the series, Steven Universe. She is one of the Crystal Gems.
Pearl has a thin, bird-like body and pale white skin with a greenish tint. Her short hair is a pastel orange and is styled to a point at the back of her head. She has large blue eyes and a pointed nose. She wears a light blue top with a yellow star and pale pink shorts under an iridescent blue and green skirt. Her shoes are pastel green with lime green socks. Her gem stone is a large pearl embedded in her forehead. After her regeneration in "Steven The Sword Fighter", Pearl now wears a cyan tunic with a big yellow star in the front along with a turqouise sash tied around her wast with pale orange shorts, pink socks and cyan shoes.
Pearl is a perfectionist, even going through all the trouble to organize Amethyst's room. She puts a lot of thought and reason into her plans and actions. Though she is very graceful and controlled, she sometimes gets flustered when plans are messed up, or when Amethyst says something she doesn't think Steven should hear. She is very caring and motherly that way.
All Gems have the ability to summon a weapon and shapeshift. Activating her crystal gem summons a magic spear. She is also able to project holographic images from her gem. In "Watermelon Steven", it's shown that Pearl to have the ability of psammokinesis, and also have the ability of shooting an energy blast of light from her spear.
- In gem-stone mythos, pearls are often associated with beauty, modesty, purity and happiness.
- Pearls are light pink or white gems similar to the one "Pearl" has on her head.
- As revealed in "Together Breakfast", she owns a collection of swords.
- It is hinted in "Cheeseburger Backpack" that she and the other Gems (except Steven) may in fact be over a hundred years old.
- Pearl's gemstone is located on her head. It may support the fact that Pearl is the brains of the group.